Try this innovative meal when you really want to impress your guests.
- 6-ounce portion of Gerber Graduates Chicken & Carrot Ravioli
- Approximately one handful of Cheerios
- A big heap of toddler boredom and “creativity”
- Entertain/distract toddler by offering Cheerios as she impatiently waits in high chair for her favorite ravioli.
- Run around kitchen like a loon as you simultaneously search for last box of ravioli in back of cupboard, prepare cup of milk, grab utensils and napkins, soothe increasingly impatient toddler, and spin seven plates on your head.
- Phew! Found it. Microwave ravioli for 25 seconds.
- Sweep up shards of broken plates that fell off your head while grabbing attention-seeking cat off the coffee table.
- Present ravioli to impatient, hungry toddler — yeah! finally! — only to have her shake her head, “No,” and wail with inexplicable frustration.
- Roll your eyes and wait.
- Watch as toddler, struck with a brilliant idea, grabs handful of Cheerios and sprinkles them in ravioli dish — then enthusiastically digs into the cereal-covered pasta with plastic fork.
- Voilà! Ravioli + Cheerios = Ravioli-os. Also known as “Our Meal Ticket (pun intended) to Top Chef.“
Serves 1-2 crazy toddlers, or any ardent follower of Rachael Ray’s culinary tastes.