Karl Lagerfeld debuted this Chanel bag in his Spring 2013 show in Paris today — and, while sites such as Jezebel are deriding it for being, um, slightly ridiculous, I could not disagree more. In fact, I believe it is the new must-have purse for moms (price tag be damned!) because…
1. Finally! A bag big enough to fit all of my kids’ crap.
2. When my three-year-old runs away from me in a busy parking garage because she thinks it’s funny, as she often does, I can just roll my new purse after her and knock her down like a bowling pin.
3. Nobody would dare ask me to make cookies for the bake sale while I’m armed with THAT monstrosity.
4. I can use it to part crowds of rowdy kids at Chuck E. Cheese’s, etc.: “Excuse me! Big-ass purse coming through!”
5. Doubles as the world’s largest teething ring for babies.
6. I can wield a new threat: “Don’t make me give you a time-out in Mommy’s purse!”
7. Well, what else am I going to carry when I wear my see-through Chanel bodysuit to the preschool drop-off?