Since becoming a mom, my vehicle has not only grown from a two-seat convertible to a mid-sized SUV (*SOB*), but what I find myself doing in my car has also changed dramatically. Crazy things I never could have even fathomed before having kids. For example:
10. Heeding the speed limit (without a police car in sight!).
9. Doing my hair and makeup because it’s the only opportunity I have to look in a mirror.
8. Leaning over a car seat to nurse my hungry, wailing baby as my husband drives — and barely caring if anyone sees me. (Oh, hi there, Old Lady and Old Lady’s Husband in the Honda Accord!)
7. Using the floor of my car as a toy box-slash-waste basket (that rarely gets emptied).
6. Turning off The Fugees’ “Killing Me Softly” on the radio to honor a rather, um, adamant request for Fresh Beat Band’s “Go Bananas” on CD.
5. Driving around the same block for an HOUR because I didn’t want to risk waking a napping child.
4. Actually RESISTING the temptation to swear at and/or give the finger to other drivers.
3. Changing a dirty diaper in the trunk in the middle of a Home Depot parking lot. (Fertilizer, anyone?)
2. Unearthing a sippy cup with milk so old, it was last drunk by Moses. (True story.)
1. Crying “How did you guys find me here?!” as my husband and kids knock on the window of the back seat and try to coerce me out of my hiding spot.