What I Learned from the ‘Monsters vs. Aliens’ Advance Screening at Universal City
1. The gentleman behind me is clearly impressed by the way I rock a pair of 3D glasses.
2. Never wear your non-maternity, tight-fitting jeans to a two-hour movie when you’re almost five months pregnant — because apparently people frown upon you unbuttoning your pants in a children’s theater. (People can be so uptight.)
3a. Free popcorn + free soda = automatic glowing review from Candy. Well-played, PR man. Well-played, indeed.
3b. I am not evolved enough to stop chowing down on popcorn even when my stomach begins to ache. Because, you know, it’s FREE! MUST EAT! (Note to self: Bring the Pepto to next movie screening.)
4. I am, however, still immature enough to try to grab the computer-generated 3D objects flying towards me.
5. Contrary to what I learned in Intergalactic Relations class in college, playing Axel F on the keyboard is NOT an effective negotiation tactic with world-destroying aliens.
6. Xenu actually does not have a cameo in this movie. Sorry, Tom Cruise.
7. Tyra Banks could definitely have a successful career in movies.