Some news that chilled me to the core: Morgan Stanley Research reveals there is a WINE SHORTAGE, people, with global production falling five percent and worldwide consumption rising one percent. I’m no fancy mathematician or anything, but by my calculations, that means I need to stop sharing my wine. (Okay, okay, you’re right… I need to continue not sharing my wine.)
So what can you to to help during this crisis? The Laughing Stork experts share ways to pitch in:
1. Reinvent your monthly “Moms Who Need Wine” meet-up into “Moms Who Need Vodka.”
2. Plant a grape vine in loving memory of a Cabernet Sauvignon that is no longer with us.
3. Remove the wine from your Chicken and Red Wine Sauce dish to reduce your consumption of the endangered drink. Also, because killing the alcoholic content with heat is just cruel.
4. For the love of fermented grapes, do NOT waste wine by being classy and spitting it out at tastings.
5. We know you’re busy, but take a moment out of your day to let your wine know how much you love it — because you never know when it could be gone.