Last week, we offered five helpful pointers for dads-to-be who want to pose memorably in maternity portraits — and, this week, we continue our series of family portrait suggestions with six tips for making sure your pet doesn’t completely upstage you in your family portrait.
1. Never underestimate the importance of positioning.
2. Remember the old saying, “No cat can compete with a naked man in a Christmas tree.”
3. Think to yourself, WWKD? (What would the Kardashians do?)
4. Don’t be afraid to bare your, um, personality.
5. Family portrait rule of thumb: You can never go wrong with a nifty laser background and even niftier mullet.
Actually, it’s pretty much impossible to not get upstaged by animals. (Same rule applies to posing with babies, pregnant bellies and Angelina Jolie.)
6. So if you can’t outshine ’em, join ’em.