Fox Business News anchor Eric Bolling has accused the Muppets of trying to brainwash kids with their Communist agenda, prompting an outcry throughout the Web. However, a deeper investigation by The Laughing Stork reveals that may not be such a ludicrous observation, after all. For your consideration:
THE TOP 10 SIGNS THE MUPPETS ARE COMMUNISTS
10. The 1982 direct-to-VHS release of The Muppets Take Warsaw.
9. Noticeable resemblance between Waldorf and Stalin:
Two words: Communist pig.
7. Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem are so anti-religion that they not only play their rock-and-roll music in a church, they also plan on turning that church into a coffee house.
6. The Swedish Chef’s most famous dish: Eisbein (pork knuckle).
5. That time Beaker was arrested for being a Soviet Spy. (Explains his, um, heavy accent.)
4. The decades-long rumor that Gonzo plucks his chickens from communes.
3. Rizzo the Rat said to be a ringleader of the Occupy Wall Street movement.
2. The original chorus of The Rainbow Connection:
Someday we’ll indoctrinate you.
The Commie Connection.
Lenin. Stalin. The KGB…
1. Incriminating photos from Kermit’s Facebook photo album titled, “What I Did During My Hiatus from Hollywood”: