The TODAY show and Parenting.com partnered to conduct a survey — oh, how we love us some juicy survey results! — of moms about their “secrets and confessions.” Here are some of the more interesting finds:
- Nearly one in five moms admits medicating their child to get through a special event like a plane flight; one in 12 does it just to get some peace and quiet on a regular night.
- Half have knowingly sent a sick kid to daycare or school.
- 85 percent use their kids to get out of social obligations.
- Nearly one in three uses work as an excuse to avoid taking care of the kids.
Okay, I’ll confess, I’ll confess! I’m guilty of #2 and #3, and am not above resorting to #1. I’ve also had to walk away from a screaming baby or two in fear of LOSING MY FREAKIN’ MIND. (Yeah, I know what you’re thinking: Mind? That ship sailed a LONG time ago, Candy. Ha, ha. Very funny, Mom.)
More fun facts:
- 44 percent of moms would rather be 15 pounds thinner than add 15 points to their child’s IQ.
- One in four fears their partner is a better parent than they are.
- One in ten wishes their child was the opposite sex – and of those moms, 60 percent have boys.
Hmmmm… no, no and no. I’d rather add 15 points to my children’s IQs, so they are brilliant enough to develop a line of delicious chocolates that miraculously make me lose weight. Win-win!