The appeal of Mom Jeans is undeniable, with their unparalleled ability to double as a push-up bra and make a person’s backside look flatter than a pancake. So it is no surprise that many celebrities are fans of the snug, nipple-grazing pants with a crotch the length of a baby’s arm! Here are a few of the more famous Mom Jean advocates we were able to track down:
1. Tom Selleck blazed a fashion trail back in the ’80s, going where no man or woman had ever dared to go with their jeans before — namely, their armpits.
2. Cindy McCain helps her husband on the campaign trail by showing she can relate to an important demographic: high-waisted moms.
3. “Was Roker messing with me when he said I could pull off these jeans?” Matt Lauer wonders, laughing to mask his sudden discomfort.
4. Okay, so Sharon Stone manages to look confident and sexy in her Mom Jeans. (WARNING: THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!)
5. President Obama encourages Americans to get behind his firm belief, “The higher the jeans, the closer to fabulous.”